All competition dates and venues subject to change
All medals must be collected during the Games.
The NHSG will not mail medals after the Games.
Venue Director: Dave Krumenacker
3-on-3 Half Court Basketball- Men's and Women's Divisions
Venue: Plaistow Community YMCA
Address: 175 Plaistow Rd, Plaistow NH 03865
Web link/Directions: Click here
Registration Deadline: July 21st 2018
Date of Event: Saturday, August 4th 2018
Check-In: Prior to competition.
Start Time: 8:00am
Practice Time: Before competition starts and prior to each game.
Format: Basketball is a 3-on-3, half court. Playing time is 2 halves of 15 minutes each for age groups 50 – 74, 2 halves of 12 minutes for age groups 75+. A tie score at the end of regulation will result in a 3-minute overtime period.
We are also pleased to provide info on local hotels should you plan to stay overnight. CLICK HERE for details.
Basketball will be conducted in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules.
Basketball will be conducted with NCAA rules unless modified by the NSGA Rules.
NSGA Qualification Requirements (in qualifying years):
- All first, second, and third place teams at the NHSG qualifying games will qualify for the following year's National Senior Games.
- Each NHSG qualifying games may qualify all basketball teams that compete in the 80+ age division. Competition must take place in accordance with Rule H in order for teams to be qualified.
NHSG Entry Requirements (in any year):
- Competitors must be at least 50 years of age by the end of this calendar year.
- The age division of a team event will be determined by the youngest age of all team members by the end of this calendar year.
- Athletes may compete with only one team per sport.
- Teams must be of all one gender.
- Team rosters shall be a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 players.