Competition dates and venues subject to change
All medals must be collected during the Games.
The NHSG will not mail medals after the Games.
Meet Director: Lee Hess
1500 Meter Race- NEW SPORT FOR 2018!
Venue: Memorial High School
Address: 1 Crusader Way, Manchester NH 03103
Web link/Directions: Click here
Registration Deadline: Same day registration allowed with additional fee of $10
Date of Event: Sunday, August 19th 2018
Check-In: Prior to competition.
Start Time: At the conclusion of the 200- meter dash (During Track & Field Events)
Practice Time: Before competition starts.
- Course and format for the 1500M will be determined by Meet Director and will be contested during the Track and Field events.
- The circuit for the 1500m Power Walk will be on standard 400 meter track
- The awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers within each age division.
This event will be conducted in accordance with USA Powerwalking Association (USPWA) Rules
USPWA rules apply unless superceded by the following NSGA Rules.
NSGA Qualification Requirements (in qualifying years):
- All first, second, third, and fourth place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards (MPS) in competition at the NHSG qualifying games will qualify for the following year's National Senior Games.
- The minimum distance acceptable for qualifying will be 1500 meters.
NHSG Entry Requirements (in any year):
- Competitors must be at least 35 years old by the end of this calendar year.
- Athletes must use proper power walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges.