All competition dates and venues subject to change
All medals must be collected during the Games.
The NHSG will not mail medals after the Games.
Sport Coordinator: Karen Reardon
The Cycling Events will be run in conjunction with the Maine Senior Games, to be held on Sunday September 17th at the The Landing, 220 Neptune Dr, Brunswick, Maine 04011.
10K Time Trials, 20K Road Race. Timed Trials will be at 45 seconds to one minute intervals.
Timer: Brian Johnson
Cyclists who qualify for the 10K timed trials may enter both time trail events at the National Senior Games. Cyclists who qualify in the 20K road race may enter the 20K and 40K races at the National Senior Games.
Venue: The Landing, Brunswick, ME
Address: The Landing, 220 Neptune Dr, Brunswick, Maine 04011
Google Map: Click here
Registration Deadline: September 10th 2023
Date of Event: Sunday, September 17th 2023
NOTE: You will register with the New Hampshire Senior Games and pick up your bib number at the Maine Senior Games registration table.
Check-In: 8:00 am
9:00 am - 20K
10:30 am - 10K and Time Trials
Practice Time: Before competition starts.
Format: Race within a Race
All events will be conducted in accordance with U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules.
U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules apply unless superceded by the following NSGA Rules.
NSGA Qualification Requirements (in qualifying years):
- All first, second, third, and fourth place winners at the Maine Senior Games qualifying games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games in Pittsburg, PA
NHSG Entry Requirements (in any year):
- Competitors must be at least 40 years by the end of this calendar year.
- Cyclists qualifying in either the 5K or the 10K time trials may enter both time trial events.
- Cyclists qualifying in the 20K road race may enter the 40K road race event at the Nationals
- Competitors must bring their own bikes and helmets.
- Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Cycling regulations.