All competition dates and venues subject to change
All medals must be collected during the Games.
The NHSG will not mail medals after the Games.
Tournament Director: Joseph Santoro
Singles (8/11), Doubles (8/12), and Mixed Doubles (8/13)
Venue: Pinkerton Academy
Address: 5 Pinkerton St, Derry, NH 03038 (Put 44 Main St, Derry, NH in your GPS)
Web Site: Click here
Google Map: Click here
We are also pleased to provide info on local hotels should you plan to stay overnight. CLICK HERE for details.
The cost is $59 if registered before July 1st. Late registration starts on July 1st and costs $69.
Dates of Event: Friday, August 11th, Saturday, August 12th & Sunday, August 13th 2023
Friday, August 11th: Check-In 9:00 am, Start Time 10:00 am - Mens Singles and Womens Singles
Saturday, August 12th: Check-In 7:00 am, Start Time 8:00 am - Womens Doubles
Saturday, August 12th: Check-In 10:00 am, Start Time 11:00 am - Mens Doubles
Sunday, August 13th: Check-In 7:00 am, Start Time 8:00 am - Mixed Doubles
Check-In Time: Players must check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to bracket start time or their match will be forfeited.
Early Registration Deadline: July 1st 2023
Final Registration Deadline: July 24th 2023
The 2023 NH Senior Pickleball Games will be played at Pinkerton Academy in Derry, New Hampshire. Registration is open to both men and women who will have attained the age of 50 or more as of December 31, 2023 but is limited to 300 players.
Brackets will be determined by skill level and then by age. A team will play in a bracket according to the age of the younger player and then within the skill level of the highest rated player. Those with USA Pickleball assigned skill levels cannot play in a bracket below that skill level, but they can play in a bracket above that skill level. Those without a USAPA assigned skill level can play in an bracket, subject to an assignment based upon the age of the youngest player on the team.
Example: Glenn, who is age 60 and without an assigned skill level, partners with Chris, who is Age 77 and has a 4.0 skill level. Their team will be play at skill level 4.0, ages 60-64.
It is possible for one player to participate in three events: gender doubles, mixed doubles, and singles. Only one registration fee is assessed regardless of the extent of participation.
- Registration opens January 14, 2023.
- Registration closes July 24, 2023.
- The tentative game schedule is:
- Friday, August 11:
- Saturday, August 12:
- Sunday, August 13:
- Singles matches begin at 1:00 PM
- Women's Doubles begin at 8:00 AM
Men's Doubles begin at 11:00 AM
- Mixed Doubles begin at 7:30 AM
Players must check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to bracket start time or their match will be forfeited.
This is an outdoor tournament to be played on asphalt surface at Pinkerton Academy. As such:
- No refunds will be issued due to adverse game-day weather conditions.
- There is no back-up date should the tournament be canceled after August 8, 2023 for circumstances beyond the control of the tournament director.
- Pinkerton Academy's rules of decorum shall apply.
The tournament director reserves the right to alter the schedule as circumstances dictate. Each player is responsible for checking the schedule for changes 24 hours before a match is scheduled to begin.
All games will be "Round Robin". The format will depend on the bracket size.
- Teams in Bracket
- Game Format/Win by Two Points
- Double Round Robin, to 21 Points
- Single Round Robin to 15 points
- Single Round Robin to 11 points
Brackets are limited to eight teams. At the tournament director's discretion, some brackets may be combined for playing purposes; however, medals [first/second/third place] will be awarded based upon the actual registration bracket.
National Senior Games Association [NSGA] Qualification Requirements:
- For NSGA purposes, winners will also be determined by in-state/out-of state residency.
In 2024, the top four winners in a bracket who reside in New Hampshire will qualify for the next edition of the National Senior Games, in 2025.
Tournament Web Site:
To register for the NH Senior Games Pickleball tournament, go to our tournament registration page at PickleballBrackets.com.
At the PickleballTournaments.com site players will be able to:
- View players competing in each bracket.
- Be listed in a section known as "Players Needing Partners' to find a partner, if needed.
Contact a potential partner for the tournament.
The tournament director is not responsible for finding partners for a player that needs one.
The PickleballBrackets.com web site will also have information about lodging, directions, and other important tournament information.
USA Pickleball Rules apply. A free copy of those rules can be found on the USA Pickleball Web Site.
USA Pickleball rules apply unless superceded by NSGA Rules.
A USA Pickleball Certified Referee will be on-site at all times. While it is possible that other USA Pickleball trained referees will be present, there is no assurance that any game will be refereed.
Players must bring their own USA Pickleball approved paddles. Franklin X-Performance 40 lime green Pickleballs will be provided.
- Report to the registration table(s) no fewer than 30 minutes prior to bracket start time.
- Bring their own chairs, snacks/food, and beverages. No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Adhere to all local COVID applicable rules.
- Anticipate limited parking facilities. there is the option to park on side streets and on town-owned property. However, players should plan ahead and not assume that automobile parking will be adjacent to the courts. A NH Senior Games Volunteer will be present to offer parking place guidance.
NSGA Qualification Requirements (in qualifying years):
- All first, second, third, and fourth place winners at the NHSG qualifying games will qualify for the following year's National Senior Games.
- Athletes must qualify in each Pickleball event (singles, doubles, mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
NHSG Entry Requirements (in any year):
- Competitors must be at least 50 years by the end of this calendar year.
- The age division of a partner event will be determined by the younger age of both partners by the end of this calendar year.
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Under NSGA rules, doubles is classified as an event. Therefore athletes may not compete in more than one age division for doubles.
- Partners will not be assigned by the New Hampshire Senior Games. Athletes must provide their own partner to participate in any partner sport.
- Competitors must bring their own paddles. Balls will be provided.