Power Walk 1500
All competition dates and venues subject to change
All medals must be collected during the Games.
The NHSG will not mail medals after the Games.
Meet Director: Lee Hess
1500 Meter Power Walk
Venue: Memorial High School
Address: 1Crusader Way, Manchester NH 03103
Phone: 603-401-4484 (Meet Director)
Website: Click here
Map: Click here
Registration Deadline: Same day registration allowed.
Date of Event: Sunday, August 20th, 2023
Check-In: Prior to competition.
Start Time: At the conclusion of the 200-meter dash (During Track & Field Events)
Practice Time: Before competition starts.
- Course and format for the 1500M will be determined by Meet Director and will be contested during the Track and Field events.
- The circuit for the 1500m Power Walk will be on standard 400 meter track
- The awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers within each age division.
This event will be conducted in accordance with United States Powerwalking Association (USPWA) Rules.
USPWA rules apply unless superceded by the following NSGA Rules.
NSGA Qualification Requirements (in qualifying years):
- Power Walk event will be classified as an “OPEN” event. Athletes do not need to qualify at a state qualifier
- The minimum distance acceptable for qualifying will be 1500 meters.
NHSG Entry Requirements (in any year):
- Competitors must be at least 35 years old by the end of this calendar year.
- Athletes must use proper power walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges.